Who would have thought that ghost peppers can be responsible for more than 40 middle schoolers getting sick? According to the latest news, the children were treated on Friday after they ate ghost peppers at school. The incident took place during lunch time when the police and the doctors were called to Union Middle School.
The officials are now trying to find out where the peppers came from and how many students ate them. From all the 40 children, only five were taken to the hospital. Brad Ritchey, the manager of the school, said the response of emergency services was amazing and many people helped them during this afternoon. The students had symptoms like blotchy skin, hives, tearing of eyes or sweating. Most of them started to have allergic reactions and said the pepper was too hot.The parents were called too after the problem was solved.
It seems that the ghost peppers were brought by a student to school. The officials have not decided if he will face any discipline or not. It is not the first time when students are getting sick because of what they eat at school. Sometimes they are curious to taste some foods or they do challenges. Some of these games can be dangerous for their health, especially if there are students who are struggling with other dseases too.
Teachers are not able to watch over the kids all the time. Sometimes they seem like they are just playing and something unexpected happens. The most important things are to know how to behave in these situations. If you notice that students are not feeling well, call 911 and be prepared to help them with whatever they need. Moreover, the food given to the kids should be always fresh. As a parent, you must also pay attention to what your kid is eating. Of course, accidents can happen, but prevention is really important.
Ghost peppers can be dangerous. They were certified as the world’s hottest chili pepper in 2007. If you think some sauces are hot, you should try a ghost pepper. Doctors are not advising children to eat it. Moreover, it should be used only by people who like spicy food and know they do not have any problem after eating it. We will see what the officials are going to decide regarding the boy who brought the ghost peppers and who will be guilty of this event.
Image source: Pixabay