One year old baby died in Fort Plain, New York due to intake of liquid nicotine. The officials said that the refill bottle of nicotine was responsible for the child’s death.
Parents found the child unresponsive at home and immediately took him to the hospital. Sadly, doctors noticed that he was dead.
On the flip side, health authorities are quite worried after the incident. They stated that there are chances that other cases might emerge because of e-cigarettes.
E-cigarettes are battery operated devices which looks pretty similar to regular tobacco cigarette. It converts liquid nicotine into vapors inhaled by smokers. It is gaining popularity day by day among smokers. Unfortunately, the device does not come in child resistant packages. Hence, it is extremely dangerous for children.
Moreover, these e-cigarettes are now available in numerous colors and flavors which are pretty attractive for young children. These flavors and appealing colors can increase the death rates of children.
The American Association of Poison Control Centers (AAPCC) informs that one teaspoon of liquid nicotine can easily take the life of a small child. However, much smaller quantities can give birth to several lethal diseases.
Regardless of this tragic accident authorities are unwilling to implement any rule for child safe packaging of e-cigarette.
A police spokesman expressed grief on the death of the child. However, he refused to accept the connection between e-cigarette and the death.